IPFS Data Check:
The IPFS Integration Data Check is launched as the last step of each IPFS QuoteLink Integration. This tool ensures correct data is entered on the IPFS Quote.
The first screen you will see is the Associated User Screen.
- Use the drop down menu to select the agency location that you are quoting.
If all the data passed through the integration is already mapped* and in the correct format, you may not see this screen at all. If there are items that need attention, this screen will be presented.
*Mapping is simply connecting data that converted from Epic so that IPFS can identify it. An example would be the Policy Type. We will use Business Auto as an example. Epic carries that over to IPFS using the status code you have configured in Epic (BAUT). IPFS will require you to identify the coverage type from a drop list. This tells IPFS BAUT = Commercial Auto. Mapping occurs in the coverage and company sections in IPFS.
Each item that has an orange vertical line and orange exclamation point indicating "form error,” you need to resolve before you can continue.
To resolve the "form errors," click anywhere inside the box with the form error and it will allow you to make corrections.
- Once the insured box has been expanded, you will be able to see that the address of the insured is standard.
- Click on the drop-down menu and choose one of the options presented.
- Once you have chosen an option, click anywhere in the white area of the insured box to collapse the screen and move forward.
- Clear any additional "validation required" flags the same way.
In this example, the validation flag is raised because the carrier sent from Epic has not been used vis IPFS integration before and will need to be mapped to the corresponding value on the IPFS side. Once an item (coverage or carrier) has been mapped, it will stay mapped, and users will not be asked to remap that item.
Once all “validation required” flags have been resolved, the continue button will be available and you can continue to the IPFS Quote.