Creating Efficiencies with PATRA
Operations | Miriam Kasseris and Theresa Pilmer | Jan 24 2023
Agencies have been leveraging PATRA to improve processes in their day-to-day work. Despite the initial learning curve, agency staff appreciates the newfound efficiencies and productivity that accompany the partnership.
PATRA with Gallagher
Prior to our acquisition by another company, we used PATRA for several of our more time-consuming workflows: direct bill invoicing, renewal comparison, and endorsement review.
Overall, we found PATRA to be excellent, both with output and quality of work. There are definitely some bumps in the beginning during the job creation stage, but they pick the work up quickly--even if they have to adjust the job parameters.
One benefit, aside from freeing up staff for more client-facing duties was that having PATRA helped streamline our workflows, because they found the areas where people weren’t following, or were making mistakes over and over. That helped with training of new hires, and retraining of current staff.
Having PATRA run the renewal comparisons helped us be pro-active when needing to address larger than normal changes in premium, or other issues that would pop up. Clients appreciated the heads up, and it often led to cross-sell opportunities or just a general sense of appreciation. I would hazard to say our retention numbers were at their peak while using PATRA’s services.
PATRA with Hylant
Hylant has partnered with PATRA for over 10 years. Adding processes as needed has allowed staff to focus on clients.
PATRA follows workflows that we had created, and serves as an extension of our company. Streamlining the process, creating a consistent time frame for processes to be completed, freeing up the staff from repetitive items, and allowing them to focus their time on other items are all benefits of the partnership. Over 13,917 policies were checked in 2022 for our offices. On average, this process would take our staff on average 1.5 hours to check a policy. To have PATRA handle this processes saved us over 19,000 billable hours for our staff.
PATRA has been intricate in our ability to streamline processes. Scheduled meetings with the PATRA team help with any issues that may occur. Starting with one process and one office, if you have multiple offices, ensures a smooth transition. PATRA is not a way of eliminating staff but rather a means to streamline the process and create consistency within offices. If you have multiple offices, I would suggest that the process is consistent across all locations. We implement PATRA Liaisons in each office to help that office understand the process and answer any questions that may come in. Meetings occur on a monthly basis, and the conversations are helpful for all.
- Policy checking- for all 17 offices of Hylant billed at a flat rate per type of policy.
- Uninterrupted process, allowing staff to work on other items.
- Endorsement Processing; Processing the endorsement, updating AMS and sending the letter and endorsement to the client.
- Policy Audits; Processing the audit, updating the AMS and sending the letter and audit to the client.
- New Business Audits; Verifying important data is captured in AMS- Agency Defined Categories, Account Type, Activities, Naming Conventions; provides the ability to have correct data in AMS for reporting functions.
- Document Retrevial; having PATRA pull documents from carrier websites, or if received in the office via mail scanning to the team to attach in Epic. Consistent process pulling for all agency codes for specific carrier eliminates the need for employees to retrieve documents or scan documents that come into the office. No worries of having back up staff to pull the documents daily, ensuring that documents are retrieved each day as needed.
- Direct Bill Commission posting
- Employee Licensing
- Special Projects- data entry, updating information in Epic anything repetitive
In short, if you’re looking for a way to streamline workflows, and free up staff for better client relations, look into PATRA.
Tags: Operations , Productivity , Procedures