7 Reasons to Launch Your Insurance App Today
Insurance | Katie Condon | Feb 20 2019
It’s no secret that the needs of consumers evolve as new technology provides more and more ways to be organized, efficient and productive. Nearly every industry is feeling the pressure to update customer service strategies to accommodate the expectations and demands of an increasingly digital audience. There is no “one size fits all.” Rather, customer relationship management is trending toward a model of options, giving the customer complete control.
In the business of insurance, the push to provide more options that allow insureds to communicate more easily with agents in order to make claims and pay bills is all too real. How can a small to mid-size agency or brokerage compete with the State Farms and GEICOs of the world? Applied CSR24 and Applied MobileInsured are a step in the right direction.
Keep Your Hard-earned Business
A 2016 Effective Mobile Engagement Report found that 53 percent of insureds are not overly satisfied with their agency’s mobile offering. In fact, among all sectors, insurance companies saw the biggest drop in customer satisfaction year over year. Even more alarming, the report notes that a whopping 85 percent of consumers will likely choose to do business elsewhere following a bad mobile experience.
Implementing a mobile experience like Applied MobileInsured could save your business money and better attract the competitive millennial demographic. With a new update that launched shortly after Applied Net 2018 in Nashville, Applied CSR24 and MobileInsured provide customers digital access 24/7 to all of their insurance information, and they can even perform specific functions on their own. The platform also offers a great opportunity for insurance agencies and brokerages to give customers a better insurance experience in a competitive market.
7 Key Benefits of Insurance Mobile Apps
In her “Introduction to Applied CSR24 and Applied MobileInsured App” session at Applied Net 2018, Joy Jack, manager of education services at Applied Systems, said:
“Insurance is very regulated. We can’t change the rules, but we can change how we service them.”
This can be done by offering customers the same kinds of features and smartphone technology they already use regularly for banking and other related activities. Jack shared some key benefits that Applied CSR24 offers to both clients and agencies/brokerages on Applied Epic or Applied TAM, including:
- 24/7 access – The ability to access documents and policy info at any time from a secure location
- Online bill pay – Insureds can not only pay the agency online, but they may also be able to pay direct bill transaction for a few select carriers.
- Reduction of office and staff time – Instead of calling the office, insureds can likely find the information they need in the portal.
- Better management of claims – Clients can file claims on-the-go and even send pictures.
- Improved policy management – Requests to add insurance policies can begin directly in the app, allowing for real-time policy processing.
- 24/7 call center – Clients still have the option to call and receive help at any time, either from your office or from a call center. (Noted Jack: This is a great resource for after-hours phone calls.)
- Control of data flow – Your agency or brokerage can pick and choose what information insureds see. If data isn’t quite ready yet, or your agency is undergoing data transformation, Applied CSR24 puts the power back in your hands to give customers the level of information you’re comfortable with.
The business of insurance is extremely competitive, and a growing digital market gives consumers the insights into what makes or breaks a good customer experience. Retain your customers and strengthen relationships by giving them options to connect — be it online, via phone, or in person.
Tags: insurance app , Applied CSR24 , mobile insurance , digital insurance agency